Who is this, Mr Uku?
Hailing from the mysterious North West of England, Mr Uku is a man of many talents. He’s also a man of many pseudonyms and has had a variety of them over the years. No doubt he’ll have many more in the years to come, but you can call him, Gary.
During his formative years, our hero enjoyed many hobbies including, conjuring, photography, playing guitar and writing. He never really got into sport but was rather good at running and jumping. Later he would try his hand at a variety of martial arts including, wrestling, karate, jiu-jitsu and Thai boxing. This might make him one of the world’s most dangerous writers. It might, but it doesn’t. He gave all that up and took to other things.
Soon he was drawing, painting, going to the gym, studying psychology and getting to grips with the new style personal computers. But always, at the top of the list, was writing.
Now that he’s all grown up, his interests have changed only a little. Here is a list of his current likes:
- Ukulele. More fun than a guitar and thanks to their compact size, you can have more than one. Mr Uku has four of them.
- Hats. Despite making him look like a git, Mr Uku owns many hats, 14 at the last count, and not one of them suits him.
- Photography. Not just an excuse for buying more and more shiny kit.
- Conjuring. Or as some people call it, cheating at cards. What’s the point of playing a game if you can’t play to your own advantage?
- Reading. He likes books, he has loads of them, what he’s short of is bookcases. You can only fit so many books on a couch before it stops being a couch and turns into a sort of nest.
- There is no item 6.
- Writing. He likes to write and hopes to be the most popular author of monkey based fiction the world has ever known.
- Cheese on Toast.
- Let’s just say, food is popular, eh?
- Booze. As a writer he is required to drink and simply doesn’t want to let the side down.
- Bird watching. Even a geek has to be a nerd sometimes.
His heroes include: Douglas Adams, Spike Milligan, Buster Keaton, Laurel & Hardy and the Monty Python team.
As he moves on through life’s many games, his interests change, but he remains the same Mr Uku – loveable, inspiring, heroic, gorgeous, slightly annoying.
That’s who Mr Uku is.